Rican Cheese Steak
A submitted recipe from Amada, taking a Puerto Rican twist on a cheesesteak, using beef shaved steak, sofrito, bell peppers, onions, and a variety of spices!Ingredients:
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg. Old Neighborhood Beef Shaved Steak
- 1 tbsp. sofrito
- 1 tsp. mashed garlic
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt, pepper, adobo, oregano, beef flavor to own taste
- 1 pkg. cheddar cheese 1 pkg. mozzarella cheese
- 1 loaf of Puerto Rican bread
- In sauce pan boil water. Add sofrito, garlic, salt, pepper, adobo, oregano, beef flavor and beef shaved steak.
- Stir and simmer until water is reduced.
- Add bell peppers and onion. Heat until peppers and onion are softened.
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Place beef on bread. Add cheese and heat in the oven until golden. Serve and enjoy.